Mette Lyngholm Bikini Fitness Athlete
Mette Lyngholm is a sponsored bikini fitness athlete from Denmark. She placed 1st in the Danish Championship.
Weight: On 53kg, Off 58
How did you get started with bodybuilding and training?
My motivation started in a young age, I’ve been pretty athletic my whole life. As a child I competed in gymnastics, the feeling of accomplishing goals became a huge motivation. Besides the gymnastic training we did a lot of strength training, which definitely is the reason why I felt in love with the weight- and hypertrophy training later on in my life
Where does your motivation come from?
I’m in love with the process and it motivates me to see my physique getting better and better. Exercising gives me a lot of energy, which also keeps me motivated. At last it’s a great feeling to motivate all of my followers on the social media and especially my clients at the gym.
What is your training routine like?
I change my training routine every 4 weeks, to constantly challenge my body. I love high intensy training which is why my routine always consists of supersets.
A1 Pull ups 5×5
A2 Db Incl chest press 5×5
B1 High Incl db chest press 6×12
B2 Db one arm row 6×12
C1 Facepulls 4×15
C2 Lean away lateral raise 4×15
A Squat 5×5
B1 Lunges 6×12
B2 Glute/ham raise 6×12
C1 Hyper extenstions 4×15
C2 Glute Bridge 4×15
What would you eat on a typical day?
- Morning: Oats + 1 scoop whey protein
- Meal 2: Nuts or avocado
- Lunch: Chicken breast and vegetables
- Meal 4: 1 scoop whey protein
- Dinner: Chicken breast and vegetables
- Meal 6: Skyr (An Icelandic dairy product with a high content of protein)
Favorite healthy recipe?
Protein pancakes with a banana:
2 eggs, 1 banana, 1 scoop vanilla whey protein.
- GN Nutrition Whey Protein,
- GN Nutrition Creatine,
- GN Nutrition BCAA,
- Dynamatize Glutamine,
- Purepharma O3 + M3 + D3.
To see our recommendations for women, check out our women’s fat burner guide here.
If you had to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?
Squat and deadlift are my favorite exercises, the benefits of hitting a lot of muscles in the same time is huge. Glute bridge is also a favorite of mine and it should be for all women who want to improve on their gluteus.
Is there anyone in the fitness industry you look up to?
Emily Skye an Australian Fitness model who manages to inspire and motivate a lot of people, I love her physique, energy and always big smile.
Three tips you’d give to someone who’s trying to reach their goal physique?
- Change your routine every four weeks, your body gets used to the exercises. Change the exercises, the order, the sets or the reps to keep improving on your physique.
- The mind is the limit – Your head says stop before your body, keep pushing and you will reach your goals.
- Abs are made in the kitchen – you have to focus on your diet if you want results.
“Be a fighter in every aspect of your life”