Jason Dwarika talks with TheGymLifestyle.com
Jason Dwarika Physique competitor and a fitness model shared with us his workout routine, diet, meal plan and more.
Location: UK London/USA Florida
Height: 5ft 10inches
Weight: 186lb on season (195lb off season)
How did you get started with fitness and training?
I was a chubby teenager at 16 years old, I was always active and had a generally good diet but I wasn’t happy with the way I looked. When I first started at the gym all I knew was how to run on the treadmill, do press up, pull ups and bicep curls. Sounds strange saying that out aloud!
Where does your motivation come from?
My original motivation came from wanting to look like the guys on a Mens Health magazine cover who all had six packs but after a road accident in 2007 I set myself a challenge to be ‘That Guy’ so put myself forward for a competition then appeared in the magazine in 2008.
My motivation then became to better my physique year on year after the accident pushing my potential to the limit.
What’s your current training philosophy?
Muscle don’t grow by themselves, you have to train harder than you did yesterday to get a better result than you did last week. You must live outside of your comfort zone!
What workout routine has worked best for you?
I make all my own routines based on my goals so it really depends on what I am working on but my favourite style is high intensity with short rest periods and heavy plus a lot of volume.
What‘s your workout routine like ?
I usually only spend around 45 > 60mins in the gym
- Monday – am HIIT // pm Back & Calves
- Tuesday – Chest
- Wednesday -am HIIT // pm Hamstrings
- Thursday – Shoulders
- Friday – am Calves // pm Quads
- Saturday – Day off or Abs
- Sunday – Triceps & Biceps
What does your diet consist of? – What would you eat on a typical day?
- Meals 1 – 1/2 cup eggs white Omelette 3 omega-3 eggs, turkey bacon, hemp oil, porridge
- Meal 2 – Chicken breast or thigh, basmati rice, olives, greens
- PWO – Apricots, 0% fat yogurt
- Meal 3 – Chicken or turkey breast, white potato, almonds, greens
- Meal 4 – Salmon or steak, sweet potato, greens
Do you stay lean all year round or do you bulk and cut?
I stay relatively lean, I wouldn’t say that I bulk I just slip into more of a maintenance diet and sit around 10% body fat
- 1000mg Vitamin C
If you had to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?
- Squats – Powerful movement that stimulates my whole body
- Deadlifts – A movement that tests my raw power and grip strength
- Military Press – Just because I love that shoulder pump
Three tips you’d give to someone who’s trying to reach their goal physique?
- Have patience – Fast results are not permanent results
- Preparation and sacrifice – Know what your body requires nutritionally and put in the time to make packed lunches etc to help stay on track
- Train Hard – The results you want are usually made on those days you cannot be bothered to go to the gym, turn up and get the job done!
If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you
Where can I follow you?
- Website: www.JasonDwarika.com
- Facebook page: www.facebook.com/JasonDwarikaWBFFPro
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/jasondwarika
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/jasondwarika
- Online Coaching plus custom made diet & workout plans: www.JasonDwarika.com/onlinecoaching