Colin Wayne interview with TheGymLifestyle.com
Colin Wayne is a fitness model, soldier and a father.
How did you get started with fitness and training?
Before I went to Iraq, my friend told me to find a hobby to keep you busy overseas.
So I picked up bodybuilding and haven’t stopped since then, and that was 2009.
Where does your motivation come from?
I was always small framed growing up, I joined the military in 2006 and was 145lbs soaking wet.
Ever since I deployed to Iraq and seeing bigger guys in the gym, I told my self I can be that guy.
Now Im an NPC Physique competitor, striving for my IFBB pro card. Its motivating to see your body constantly changing for the better.
What is your training routine like?
I swap it up between high reps/less weight and low reps/ high weight
Full Workout Routine
What does your diet consist of?
For maintaing being lean this is my current diet plan.
- Meal 1: 6 omega 3 eggs with 5 egg whites
- Meal 2: Post workout… 50g of whey isolate protein with banana
- Meal 3-6: 8 oz of Chicken, 1/3 cup of almonds, 1/2 cup of asparagus
- Meal 7- 8: oz of Steak or salmon, 1/2 tsp of olive oil straight shot, 1/3 cup of almonds or 2 tbls of natural peanut butter, 1/2 cup of asparagus
Do you stay lean all year round or do you bulk and cut?
I stay lean year around, because I have to be ready for photoshoots, and competitions.
- Dymatize ISO 100 (hydrolyzed isolate protein)
- BSN Amino X (amino Acids)
- Fish oil pills daily
- Alpha Male Stack by Beyond Genetics Supplements Includes and awesome fat burner called Shredz, Diezel which is a testosterone booster, Creazine which is a new formulated non-bloating creatine which has L-Argenine and Beta Alenine so I take it before I workout for AWESOME pumps and vasularity, and also has a mulit-vitamin called Vitaminz.
If you had to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?
- Bench Press: targets chest and tris
- Squats: targets hamstrings, glutes, and quads
- Dead-lifts: targets back and some hamstrings
All 3 of these exercises will also raise your natural testosterone
Four tips you’d give to someone who’s trying to reach their goal physique?
- Stay Consistent with your diet/training
- to be able to seperate ignorance and arrogance and stay durable and persistent in the gym and train intelligently
- As stated above, Do NOT over train, target muscle groups
- Dont worry about how heavy you lift, but focus on how well you lift the weights (form is key)
train insane, or stay the same
Where can I follow you?
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/colinwayneofficial
Http://colin.getshredz.com to order supplements